Performs all the necessary work connected to keeping public and private Village facilities clean. This includes offices, conference rooms, restrooms, lounges and stairwells and providing support for event set up/take down.
Establishes a routine and performs/meets cleaning standards of assigned area with an eye for detail in a timely manner.
• Performs all tasks with appropriate cleaning equipment and uses the cleaning solutions and chemicals for the purpose intended.
• Cleans and sanitizes staff and residential areas using appropriate cleaning solutions i.e. bathrooms, lounges, conference rooms, hallways, stairwells, laundry rooms, etc.
• Empties trash receptacles and remove recycling and place in designated recycling containers.
• Strips, waxes, and buffs floors; vacuums, shampoos carpet and upholstery.
• Follows all safety procedures and ensures that any volunteers or SLR residents are trained with the proper use of equipment/supplies.
• Ensures that cleaning equipment and chemicals are used for their intended purpose.
• Responsibilities of position include: Routine inspection of equipment/machines for any wear that would cause the machine/equipment to operate in a manner that would create a safety hazard and notify supervisor when equipment is not operating correctly and needs to be repaired or replaced.
• Adheres to safety practices by using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times in accordance with Cal-OSHA standards.
• Conducts walk-through inspections of custodial route(s) to ensure they are meeting all standards set forth by departmental policy and expectations.
• Insure SDS books are current and in the proper location.
• Conducts training and orientation for SLR residents and may be assigned to train and orient new custodial staff.
• Insure custodial closets and storage areas are stocked, neat, orderly, and safe.
• Be at work on time, in proper uniform, and present a neat appearance in accordance with Program Policy.
• Maintain inventory of assigned tools, clothing, radio, and various equipment.
9:00am to 5:30pm